Use these downsizing tips to get your move under control!
Rent Your Self-Storage Unit First
- By renting your unit right away, you can begin moving items out of your home right away.
- The unit will also allow you to stage your old home for sale! The spacious interior increases the perceived value of your home!
Take Your Time
- Take your time with packing, and be diligent
- Try to work at it over a longer time, do not try to get it all in one day!
- Organize what days are for what rooms and what items
- Pick which items can go into the storage unit right away.
- The more pictures you take, the better! It will allow you to organize things effectively, and not have to worry about memorizing everything.
- Take pictures of the new environment and old, this will allow you to make the space.
- Once in storage, take more pictures, you may be using these for sale or donation purposes later! But it will help you catalogue everything you have stored away.
595 Elmira Road North
150 Bermondsey Road
25 Newkirk Road
6005 Erin Mills Parkway
Contact your local Self Stor today!
A storage unit is a solution to a lot of your needs.
Check out some of our key features:
- Drive-up access allows for ultimate convenience
- Heated units let you store with comfort
- Online account management gives you the control
- Packing and moving supplies allow you to tackle any move
- Extended access to storage units, including holidays
- Livechat customer service allows you to get the answers you need
- Month-to-month contracts with flexible payment options
- State-of-the-art lighting to be easy on the environment
If you do not have a storage unit, visit selfstor.ca and book yours today!
For help on what size storage unit you will need, check out our helpful size guide: https://www.selfstor.ca/storage-unit-size-guide/
Talk to your local Self Stor manager by dialing 1-833-523-0453, they are available to reserve units or answer any questions.