New business guide: Part 6 – Build your team
Even the best and brightest need help to meet those deadlines! It is time to examine who you will require to make your dreams become a reality. Employees are the bedrock of your company, with you at the top. Recruiting these employees has become easier in many ways, and harder in others. There are countless resources for hiring, the top choices are: Indeed, Zip Recruiter, Workopolis, and for a more hands on approach, Linkedin.
- Create a set of ideal employee characteristics. Assume that the employee will be a solid performer, no need to list things like having great customer service experience. Deal in the actual reality of the position. Keep your list specific. Do not focus on ensuring that the employee checks every single box. Many of these traits can be trained into the staff if they are competent.
- Amount of experience with a particular program.
- Amount of experience with particular machinery.
- Educational background in the required field.
- Availability to work extended hours.
- When the resumes start flowing through. Take care and examine them carefully. Look for these red flags:
- Large gaps between employment
- Listing amount of time spent at school, and not listing the completion of the certificate or degree.
- Several jobs over a short period of time.
- Give people a chance! Just because they have some red flags, does not mean they are not perfect for the job.
- Send out interview requests. You will likely have to send out dozens, just to get a reply or two. Follow this timeline for optimum results.
- Quick email to answer some questions.
- Short phone interview.
- Video conference interview.
- In-person interview.
- Once you commit to the employee, go all out and bring them up to speed. If you however feel that they are not the best fit, be open and honest. Though it feels like it was a waste of time, it is safer, faster, and more cost effective to cut ties quickly if it is not going well.
- REWARD YOUR NEW EMPLOYEE!!!! This is one of the biggest things to remember, a happy employee works harder and respects the position.
- Keep an open line of for feedback. Evolve the position to accommodate the needs of the work.
A storage unit is a solution to a lot of your business needs.
Check out some of our key features:
- Drive-up access allows for ultimate convenience
- Heated units let you store with comfort
- Online account management gives you the control
- Packing and moving supplies allow you to tackle any move
- Extended access to storage units, including holidays
- Livechat customer service allows you to get the answers you need
- Month-to-month contracts with flexible payment options
- State-of-the-art lighting to be easy on the environment
If you do not have a storage unit, visit selfstor.ca and book yours today!
For help on what size storage unit you will need, check out our helpful size guide: https://www.selfstor.ca/storage-unit-size-guide/
Talk to your local Self Stor manager by dialing 1-833-523-0453, they are available to reserve units or answer any questions.
Self Stor’s Guelph facility is easily accessible from all parts of Guelph and Kitchener, with close proximity to the University and local businesses, featuring storage unit sizes from 5×5 to 20×30. Self Stor Guelph offers a wide range of mini storage options, including heated units, as well as traditional drive-up units. This range of products allows Self Stor Guelph to be the self storage provider with the units that will fit everyone’s needs. Fantastic options for business and commercial storage!
595 Elmira Road NorthGuelph, N1K 1G5, Ontario
If you’re looking for trustworthy self storage provider that offers extensive protection of your valuables, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Self Stor North York, you can leave your precious items in our secure storage lockers with confidence. Knowing that it will be safe and secured in our Toronto East Facility located in North York. Self Stor North York offers a wide range of mini storage options, including heated units, climate controlled units, as well as traditional drive-up units or standard units. Fantastic options for business and commercial storage!
150 Bermondsey RoadNorth York, M4A 1Y1, Ontario
If you’re moving to a new home around the Richmond Hill area, consider keeping some of your valuables at our Self Stor Richmond Hill facility as we can help lessen the stress and hassle of moving. Self Stor Richmond Hill is a self storage provider with more than a storage space for you. Along with every self storage solution we offer, you will receive security and protection for your belongings, convenience, and the guarantee of outstanding service. Self Stor Richmond Hill offers a wide range of mini storage options, including heated units, and climate controlled units coming in June 2022. Fantastic options for business and commercial storage!
25 Newkirk RoadRichmond Hill, L4C 3G4, Ontario
At Self Stor Etobicoke, you will find comprehensive services for the secure safekeeping of your possessions. Our clients’ valuables are secured with our state-of-the-art video surveillance 24/7. Self Stor Etobicoke self storage provider that is conveniently accessible from Downtown Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, and Etobicoke. Self Stor Etobicoke offers a wide range of mini storage options, including heated units, climate controlled units, secure storage lockers, as well as traditional drive-up units or standard units. Fantastic options for business and commercial storage!
55 Kelfield StEtobicoke, M9W 5A3, Ontario