Believe it or not, your collection of old records and comics could be worth a lot! However, the value of a collectible is dependent on the condition it is in. Keep these tips in mind when you are organizing your collection:
- Keep a detailed inventory. Keep track of which items go into which box, as well as location they are stored. The more information, the better, especially if you have them packed in boxes and out of sight for long periods of time.
- Control the climate. The best place to protect your collectibles is in a climate-controlled space. Often your attic or basement temperatures shift too much – consider a humidity-controlled storage unit for maximum protection.
- Cleaning. Always consult an expert before you attempt to clean your collectibles; you could damage them or lower their value. For some items, you can use soft bristle brushes, moisture-free compressed air, distilled water or isopropyl alcohol. Never take a risk on an item – do your research before attempting any cleaning!
- Keep items in their original boxes. Take extra care if you are planning on storing items in collectible boxes – they often use softer materials. Carefully wrap the boxes and add padding where needed. Protect any seals from being damaged. The condition of the box is vitally important for resale value!
- Keep all authentication. Keep the receipts with the items – if they can be placed directly with the item, all the better. Never tape the receipts to the boxes; they will damage them. Receipts are very sensitive and need to be stored away from the elements. A filing system will also work in a pinch to ensure you know where everything is.
Keep several copies of your inventory and keep in a secure location. Giving a trusted individual a copy will be able to solve many future problems!
Self Stor’s Guelph facility is easily accessible from all parts of Guelph and Kitchener, with close proximity to the University and local businesses, featuring storage unit sizes from 5×5 to 20×30. Self Stor Guelph offers a wide range of mini storage options, including heated units, as well as traditional drive-up units. This range of products allows Self Stor Guelph to be the self storage provider with the units that will fit everyone’s needs. Fantastic options for business and commercial storage!
595 Elmira Road North
Guelph, N1K 1G5, Ontario
If you’re looking for trustworthy self storage provider that offers extensive protection of your valuables, you’ve come to the right place. Here at Self Stor North York, you can leave your precious items in our secure storage lockers with confidence. Knowing that it will be safe and secured in our Toronto East Facility located in North York. Self Stor North York offers a wide range of mini storage options, including heated units, climate controlled units, as well as traditional drive-up units or standard units. Fantastic options for business and commercial storage!
150 Bermondsey Road
North York, M4A 1Y1, Ontario
If you’re moving to a new home around the Richmond Hill area, consider keeping some of your valuables at our Self Stor Richmond Hill facility as we can help lessen the stress and hassle of moving. Self Stor Richmond Hill is a self storage provider with more than a storage space for you. Along with every self storage solution we offer, you will receive security and protection for your belongings, convenience, and the guarantee of outstanding service. Self Stor Richmond Hill offers a wide range of mini storage options, including heated units, and climate controlled units coming in June 2022. Fantastic options for business and commercial storage!
25 Newkirk Road
Richmond Hill, L4C 3G4, Ontario
At Self Stor Etobicoke, you will find comprehensive services for the secure safekeeping of your possessions. Our clients’ valuables are secured with our state-of-the-art video surveillance 24/7. Self Stor Etobicoke self storage provider that is conveniently accessible from Downtown Toronto, Mississauga, Brampton, and Etobicoke. Self Stor Etobicoke offers a wide range of mini storage options, including heated units, climate controlled units, secure storage lockers, as well as traditional drive-up units or standard units. Fantastic options for business and commercial storage!
55 Kelfield St
Etobicoke, M9W 5A3, Ontario
A storage unit is a solution to a lot of your business needs.
Check out some of our key features:
- Drive-up Drive-up access allows for ultimate convenience
- Climate-controlled units let you store with comfort
- 24-HR units are available
- Online account management gives you the control
- Airport lockers allows you to store your luggage for your next flight
- Packing and moving supplies allow you to tackle any move
- Individually alarmed units for enhanced security
- Extended access to storage units, including holidays
- Live chat customer service allows you to get the answers you need
- Month-to-month contracts with flexible payment options
- State-of-the-art lighting to be easy on the environment
- Self storage provider, your needs will be met
If you do not have a storage unit, visit selfstor.ca and book yours today!
For help on what size storage unit you will need, check out our helpful size guide: https://www.selfstor.ca/storage-unit-size-guide/
Talk to your local Self Stor manager by dialing 1-833-523-0453, they are available to reserve units or answer any questions.