Even the best and brightest need help to meet those deadlines! It is time to examine who you will require to make your dreams become a reality. Employees are the bedrock of your company, with you at the top. Recruiting these employees has become easier in many ways, and harder in others. There are countless resources for hiring, the top choices are: Indeed, Zip Recruiter, Workopolis, and for a more hands on approach, Linkedin.
- Create a set of ideal employee characteristics. Assume that the employee will be a solid performer, no need to list things like having great customer service experience. Deal in the actual reality of the position. Keep your list specific. Do not focus on ensuring that the employee checks every single box. Many of these traits can be trained into the staff if they are competent.
- Amount of experience with a particular program.
- Amount of experience with particular machinery.
- Educational background in the required field.
- Availability to work extended hours.
- When the resumes start flowing through. Take care and examine them carefully. Look for these red flags:
- Large gaps between employment
- Listing amount of time spent at school, and not listing the completion of the certificate or degree.
- Several jobs over a short period of time.
- Give people a chance! Just because they have some red flags, does not mean they are not perfect for the job.
- Send out interview requests. You will likely have to send out dozens, just to get a reply or two. Follow this timeline for optimum results.
- Quick email to answer some questions.
- Short phone interview.
- Video conference interview.
- In-person interview.
- Once you commit to the employee, go all out and bring them up to speed. If you however feel that they are not the best fit, be open and honest. Though it feels like it was a waste of time, it is safer, faster, and more cost effective to cut ties quickly if it is not going well.
- REWARD YOUR NEW EMPLOYEE!!!! This is one of the biggest things to remember, a happy employee works harder and respects the position.
- Keep an open line of for feedback. Evolve the position to accommodate the needs of the work.
A storage unit is a solution to a lot of your business needs.
Check out some of our key features:
- Drive-up access allows for ultimate convenience
- Heated units let you store with comfort
- Online account management gives you the control
- Packing and moving supplies allow you to tackle any move
- Extended access to storage units, including holidays
- Livechat customer service allows you to get the answers you need
- Month-to-month contracts with flexible payment options
- State-of-the-art lighting to be easy on the environment
If you do not have a storage unit, visit selfstor.ca and book yours today!
For help on what size storage unit you will need, check out our helpful size guide: https://www.selfstor.ca/storage-unit-size-guide/
Talk to your local Self Stor manager by dialing 1-833-523-0453, they are available to reserve units or answer any questions.