- Survey the condition of each tool and repair or replace any broken handles or screws and sharpen the blades.
- Wash each item with soap and water and allow to dry thoroughly.
- Rub WD40 with a rag onto the metal parts to prevent rusting. If there is already rust – try to remove it as best you can with steel wool.
- Drain all garden hoses and clean, and, or replace washers. Turn off your outside taps and drain them at this time as well. (don’t forget the inside shut off valve).
- Drain all lawn mowers of gas, tighten all nuts and bolts as well as check the belts, filters and safety shield. Oil any pivoting and moving parts with engine oil to prevent rust. Consult your owners’ manual for any other storage instructions, such as battery and electrolyte levels.
Self Stor provides premium quality self storage solutions, customized to fit your home or office storage needs. All of our storage units feature state-of-the-art security technology with easy gate access. Storing your prized possessions has never been easier!
Winter Storage Tip for November
When storing any gardening tools – take the time to winterize them so that they are ready for you when you take them out in spring.
Leave a Reply