- When storing any bedding, drapes, blankets or clothing clean thoroughly to prevent stains from setting in. Carefully hang items up in a wardrobe box, trying not to overfill.
- Vacuum your carpet on both sides as you roll it up to remove any crumbs or crawling pests that may infest your unit over your storage time.
- When hanging curtains – cover the hanger with a cloth to prevent the wear of your curtains at the spot where they are folded. Cover with an acid-free tissue to help avoid color changes.
- Try using some organic products to thwart pests, such as lavender, cloves and cedar. Moth balls and crystals contain pesticides and must be used in an air-tight container to be really effective. Eliminating the smell of moth balls and crystals is very difficult.
- If you know you already have an existing problem with pests contact an exterminator before storing.
Self Stor provides premium quality self storage solutions, customized to fit your home or office storage needs. All of our storage units feature state-of-the-art security technology with easy gate access. Storing your prized possessions has never been easier!
Storage for Cloth Goods
Leave a Reply